Camp Simcha 2020
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
CLICK HERE to view this week's camp Simcha Newsletter
DESCRIPTION OF CAMP:
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization, forcing Temple Solel to suspend in person programs and activities. As restrictions have been lifted in the county of San Diego, options for an in person modified Camp Simcha program were carefully and thoughtfully evaluated. After reviewing the guidelines established by the CDC, the California Department of Public Health and the San Diego Health Department, Camp Simcha will open this summer, but in a modified format including:
• Reduced camper and counselor capacity;
• Creation of new daily activities;
• Implementing sanitation and hygiene policies;
• Enforcing eligibility criteria to ensure the health and safety for the entire community;
• Suspending field trips, buses, and swimming.
Please be aware that all campers and staff will be required to follow established policies and will be asked to sign an acknowledgment of policies and COVID-19 liability waiver. Camp Simcha prides itself in its embracing, inclusive community; if for some reason your camper is not able to comply with the policies please let the Camp Director know in advance, and we will discuss with you what accommodations might be needed that would allow your camper to safely participate. Some of the protocol for this year’s “modified Camp Simcha way” during the COVID-19 pandemic include:
1. Facial coverings- all campers are required to bring 2 facial coverings and wear them during times when 6 feet of physical distancing is not possible.
2. Hygiene- all campers must wash their hands frequently throughout the day with soap and water and/or hand sanitizer.
3. Physical Distancing- all campers must be able to comply with physical distancing. This means no hugging, touching and close contact with any camper or counselor. Campers will be assigned camp groups with 7 other children. They must remain only in their group and may not have contact with siblings or friends in other groups.
4.Transportation - Parents will be required to transport their own children.
5. Food - There will be no food provided by Camp Simcha during camp hours. Please send your child(ren) with a snack and a drink.
We look forward to safely welcoming your child(ren) to the modified version of Camp Simcha.
SESSION DATES - 2020:
Session 1: 7/6 - 7/17
Session 2: 7/20 - 7/31
Session 3: 8/3 - 8/14
Temple Solel Members: $375 per session
Non - Members: $435
If you require payment installments, all payments must be completed prior to the beginning of your chosen session.
If you have any questions contact Alexis Libraty, Camp Simcha Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Assumption of Risk & Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
2020 General Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity
2020 Medical Release Form
2020 Individualized Student Support Plan
2020 Camper Medication Form
2020 Camp Simcha Refund Policy
2020 Camp Carpool Waiver
For additional information contact Youth Director Craig Parks, email@example.com or Alexis Libraty, Camp Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Map - San Dieguito County Park